Test-Pilot
Test-Pilot
Contacteer:

New setup, everyday use

Bericht door OutlaW666 »

I want some judgement on my plans...
This is my current ( and lame ) setup:

Cheap tires ( 205/55 R15 ) ; Stock suspension ; TSW rims ; Stock headers
Straight exhaust pipe ( cat off ) ; Custom muffler ; Prototype CAI ( sucks hot air ... )
MazdaSpeed groundwire kit ; Stock sparkplugs ; Stock spark wires

I started off with a slow car ( it still is :D ) with only 120bhp full stock
With my changes and a better use of the car, the numbers raised: 136bhp

I am planning this setup for soon, tell me your judment about this , and what should i expect ?

Toyo Proxes tires ( 215/45 R16 ) ; Lejofors springs ; KYB shocks ; OZ Ultraleggera rims
OBX headers ; Straight exhaust pipe ( cat off ) ; HKS muffler ; RocSpeed CAI
MazdaSpeed groundwire kit ; Denso Iridium Sparkplugs ; Kerr Nelson K1 10mm spark wire
Bored out intake manifold ; Full remapped ECU

maybe 150bhp ?
what do you guys think ??
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)

Afbeelding
Afbeelding
MarcX3
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot
Contacteer:

Re: New setup, everyday use

Bericht door MarcX3 »

OutlaW666 schreef:I want some judgement on my plans...
This is my current ( and lame ) setup:

Cheap tires ( 205/55 R15 ) ; Stock suspension ; TSW rims ; Stock headers
Straight exhaust pipe ( cat off ) ; Custom muffler ; Prototype CAI ( sucks hot air ... )
MazdaSpeed groundwire kit ; Stock sparkplugs ; Stock spark wires

I started off with a slow car ( it still is :D ) with only 120bhp full stock
With my changes and a better use of the car, the numbers raised: 136bhp

I am planning this setup for soon, tell me your judment about this , and what should i expect ?

Toyo Proxes tires ( 215/45 R16 ) ; Lejofors springs ; KYB shocks ; OZ Ultraleggera rims
OBX headers ; Straight exhaust pipe ( cat off ) ; HKS muffler ; RocSpeed CAI
MazdaSpeed groundwire kit ; Denso Iridium Sparkplugs ; Kerr Nelson K1 10mm spark wire
Bored out intake manifold ; Full remapped ECU

maybe 150bhp ?
what do you guys think ??

Toyo Proxes tires ( 215/45 R16 ) loose grip by wet conditions, they are to wide for the mx by wet weather. i have them on my old rims to, same size but i had a lot trouble to get away by the trafficlight when t rained or when it has rained. they spin far to easy. toyo proxes T1S

I have now 205/40R17 Federal and they have far more grip by wet conditions then the toyo's plus they dont wear out so fast.

On my old rims i am putting Bridgestones, type i dont remember now but cost approx the same as the toyos but far better grip with rain and also very good grip by dry weather

only cat away let you increase the power a bit, but when you just bolt an straight pipe from the headers to your rear without any damper or cat you wil loose very much HP

The rest of the motor tuning doesnt get you any HP or torque, it only makes your engine run better and smoother.

The remapping of the ecu can get you some hp more but with this setup it isnt wise to spend so much money on the remapping because you wil not get a serious amount of hp or torque. remapping is only usefull whenn you have seriously modified the engine and everything around it.

An other thing you can look for is a fuel pressure regulator. it does also like the CAI improve your gasresponse. so it is a relativily cheap and usefull thing you can add to it. And it is relatively easy to install.

With remapping i think that 150/with luck 160 Hp manageble is.

Without remapping 140/150Hp
Driven by a sixpack
turbulence
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door turbulence »

there arent much chipped k8's around, not a stock product so who is going to remap it then for you?

are you going to put it on the dyno and map it then? thought about what the costs will be?

why are you getting yourself so much trouble on your hands with al these small things when there is only 1 really good thing to do to get some serious BHP in the mx and that is swap a KLDE/KLZE in..

about your mods;

headers tend to give you a little les low end torque but give you a little bit more in the highend of the powercurve

be carefull with putting a complete freeflow exhaust on a n/a motor. our engines need some backpressure that is created by the exhaust, when on a turbo setup you want this to be as low as possible so the turbo can spool up very easily, with a n/a engine you need some backpressure so the flow wil keep a even rate..

the sparkplugs and wires won't give you real BHP, engine will run a lot smoother but its not that you get something back in return

bored out intake mani?

bored out throttlebody is something that has been done previously by a member from the german community.. he sells them for around 100 euro's..

but like i said.. keep that money in your pocket and get yourself a KLZE or something similair..

check jeroentje or bastian for a good engine, get yourself a good mechanic and a shop. get all the parts needed an build a real nice mx3 monster ;)
Ervaring is de naam voor de optelsom van onze fouten
OutlaW666
Test-Pilot
Test-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door OutlaW666 »

thanks for the info
I can understand that the KLZE brings so much horsepower and torque to our car, but i want to have the best K8 in Europe ...
This will be the first time im upgrading this engine, because later i am going to nitro it :)
I really like this engine, and i dont like to follow the leader... so i want to keep my engine. jeroentje has told me the price for a KLZE...i was triyng to raise the money, but i want to stand out in the crowd :roll:
In the MX3 world, everyone has KLZE , i want to get the faster K8 around
Sure that no one in Portugal has the KLZE, but i dont know ... :nut:
I have doubts :blink:

Afbeelding
Afbeelding
turbulence
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door turbulence »

OutlaW666 schreef:thanks for the info
I can understand that the KLZE brings so much horsepower and torque to our car, but i want to have the best K8 in Europe ...
This will be the first time im upgrading this engine, because later i am going to nitro it :)
I really like this engine, and i dont like to follow the leader... so i want to keep my engine. jeroentje has told me the price for a KLZE...i was triyng to raise the money, but i want to stand out in the crowd :roll:
In the MX3 world, everyone has KLZE , i want to get the faster K8 around
Sure that no one in Portugal has the KLZE, but i dont know ... :nut:
I have doubts :blink:

the basis what you are starting on isnt that great... if you want to stand out of the crowd get a KLDE ( from a xedos or mx6) and turbo it...

and nitro is fun, but it is momentarily extra performance, with a ZE/DE you have 200BHP at your disposal every time you floor the pedal ;)

why do you think everybody gets a KL engine? its not that expensive, and gives the best bang for your bucks. to be honest, that is just one of the easiest ways of getting real extra performance for a reasonable price.
Ervaring is de naam voor de optelsom van onze fouten
woytek
Pilot
Pilot

Bericht door woytek »

I think he means that everyone who wants more power, gets a KL-ZE/DE. He doesn't want to go that way and just want a fast K8! I like the idea, downside is though that you will probably have high costs to make it quick, maybe even as much as a KL-ZE will cost you. :mrgreen:
Afbeelding
OutlaW666
Test-Pilot
Test-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door OutlaW666 »

woytek is the man :)
That's right, i plan of building my K8 ;)
I know that i start off with just 128 bhp, but bhp numbers dont push the car in the track ;) I dont have too much money, so ill get the best deal's in order to make my K8 fast :lol:

Afbeelding
Afbeelding
MarcX3
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door MarcX3 »

woytek schreef:I think he means that everyone who wants more power, gets a KL-ZE/DE. He doesn't want to go that way and just want a fast K8! I like the idea, downside is though that you will probably have high costs to make it quick, maybe even as much as a KL-ZE will cost you. :mrgreen:

Turbulence heeft dat ook wel begrepen, vandaar dattie met een KLDE op de proppen komt. ;)

@OutlaW666: The only way to make your K8 into a real beast is to modify it with a turbo or a supercharger.

Nitrous seems to be cheap and gives a lot Hp and torque but it is temporarely and if you use it the wrong way or there is a failure in the nos system you wil blow instantly your complete engine up.

NOS is something for'that little extra'besides turbo or supercharger.
Not intended for regular use.
Driven by a sixpack
mx3freak
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door mx3freak »

nobody pushes their car to the limits for regular use, if you use your ride as a daily driver you won't use your KL-ZE/KL-DE/turbo/supercharger or whatever all the time, only when you think you need the extra power, so nos is an excellent way to give the k8 a lot of extra power when needed...
even a broken clock gets to be right twice a day.
Yence
Super-Pilot
Super-Pilot
Contacteer:

Bericht door Yence »

some more upgrades to keep your K8:

-ZE or DE throttlebody
-upgrade your fuel pump+fuel pressure regulator+injectors
-lightweight underdrive pulley
-lightweight flywheel
-lightweight wheelstuds
-HEI mod

These will improve torque and the amount of hp's on the wheels (not the engine's hp)
Plaats reactie